Internship Opportunities In OMTOM's Operations & Logistics Team
The Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon has earned a reputation as the world’s most beautiful marathon. The event attracts over 30 000 local and international running enthusiasts who participate in a range of distances, and who continue to engage with the OMTOM brand in many related activities and forums throughout the year.
As an intern you will gain invaluable knowledge and experience on how events are organised - from the back-end of planning through to the implementation of these plans for large-scale events.
Period for intern: 30 January 2017 – 22 April 2017 (must be available for the full period from 10 – 22 April 2017 over race week).
Location: Two Oceans Marathon NPC - organisers of the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon - is situated in Ottery, Cape Town
Reporting to the Operations & Logistics Manager, the chosen candidates' responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the collation of plans
- Distributing of these plans to stakeholders
- Assisting in the rollout of these plans
- Assisting with the physical setting up, implementation and break down of OMTOM events
- Admin tasks within the Operations and Logistics office
The intern must have:
- At least 1 year event work experience or 1 year of relevant event study experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver in high pressure situations
- Willingness to work flexible and at times, extended work hours
- Must be familiar with Cape Town and the surrounding areas in regards to events
The intern will be paid a stipend to cover travel costs.
Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: “Ops & Logs Intern 2017”
For more information on the organisation and the events please visit www.twooceansmarathon.org.za