2017 Old Mutual Two Oceans Half Marathon Charity Entries
Every year, a number of entries are sold to benefit charities under the Two Oceans Marathon Initiative, TOMI.
Charity groups will have the opportunity to use the 2017 OMTOM event as a fundraising platform.
Entries will be limited to 2000 in total and the following group entry purchases are available:
- 100 charity entries
- 50 charity entries
- 25 charity entries
- 10 charity entries
Charity Entry Process:
- Entry fee: R250.00 per entry.
- A portion of the entry fee will go to the Two Oceans Marathon Initiative (TOMI).
- Entry vouchers will be issued for the charity entries. (Please note: Only Old Mutual Two Oceans Half Marathon entries may be purchased.)
- Charities may set their own entry fee and/or fundraising criteria and sell these entries to athletes wanting to run for their cause.
- The charity will issue the entry voucher to the runner once the proof of payment is provided.
- This entry voucher must be used to enter online.
- The entry voucher is only valid for the actual race entry.
- Entrants will still be required to pay for any additional items, e.g. t-shirt, temporary license, RaceTec Timing Chip (NB: Not required if you already have a chip).
- Charity entrants will get seeded based on the race results supplied. Entrants who participate for the first time and do not submit any seeding information will be seeded into the last start group.
- Entrants will follow the normal number collection process at the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo.
How to apply for Half Marathon bulk charity entries on behalf of YOUR charity:
- Please complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents by midnight 19 October 2016.
- Any applications with outstanding supporting documents will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be informed by 7 November 2016.
- Entry vouchers numbers will be allocated to successful charities by 25 November 2016 and payment must be made to OMTOM before this date to receive the voucher numbers.
- Charities are able to sell entries and allocate entry vouchers, followed by entrants using their vouchers to finalise their entry online from 1 December 2016 to 27 February 2017.
- Public Launch of Charity Entry Partners will be on 1 December 2016 once all open Half Marathon entries have been allocated.
- Any entry voucher not redeemed on the online entry system by 27 February 2017 will be forfeited and sold as a normal entry.
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2017.